Let’s talk about your online presence for a moment. I’m hoping that you have one, that you’ve at least put your foot in the door of social media and that you realize just how many buyers are using the internet to find their next home. (Hint: it’s pretty much all of them.)
As a listing agent, part of your job is to put your listings in front of as many people as possible. One of the challenges in doing this is that everyone uses the internet in different ways. The days when the MLS, Realtor.com and your own website were enough of an online presence are gone. You’ve got to put your inventory in THE BUYER’S online territory. And there’s a lot of territory to cover!
It’s OK, we’ll help.
- Video: First, I’m hoping you know that you can embed your Real Estate Shows in your blog or website. (Mouse over Publish on the manage page and choose Embed Code.) Did you also know that you can convert your Shows to video? You can, it’s easy and it’s fabulous. Click on Publish, then choose the Video tab. Look, you can upload to your FREE YouTube account! (If you don’t have YouTube account, shame on you and we’ll wait while you go sign up. Did I mention it’s FREE?) Now be sure to convert your Real Estate Shows to video and send them directly to YouTube, where you now have your own landing page. You can also download your video and upload it to all your favorite video hosting sites. (I love Flickr, and if you like I can tell why you should love them, too.)
- RSS Feeds: Look for the nifty little RSS icon on the Manage page just to the right of the All tab. Click that and you’ll be able to set up a feed for any of your Shows where you’ve checked Viewable in Other Shows. Then you can set up an RSS feed widget in the sideline of your blog to show off your listings. Many blogs come with a standard widget for this, but if not you can use the RSS Feed Widget provided by Grazr.
- Social Bookmarking: Are you using sites like Facebook, Digg, Del.icio.us and StumbleUpon? Chances are your clients are! If you go to Edit Show/Edit Buttons, you can scroll to the bottom and click Enable Social Bookmarking. Then watch your Show and at the end, just click the Facebook button to send to your Facebook account and so on. Very easy!
- Twitter: If you send your Shows to Realtor.com, they’re already being sent to a feed in Twitter, @RealEstateShows. You may also want to tweet a link out if you have a specific follower who might be interested in a certain home, or if you want your followers to have very quick access to your listings.
- Flyers: From the Manage page, you can click Create a Flyer and in a matter of clicks have a beautiful Flyer ready to go online or in print! Check a few boxes on the Distrubute Flyer page and you can send the Flyer out to Google Base, Oodle, Trulia, Zillow, Hotpads, Geebo, Viewr and Vast. It really is that easy! And if you’d like a nice print quality Flyer with no additional hassle, click Download to PDF and print off your full color Flyer. (Your clients will think you spent ages on all this, I won’t tell them any different.)
There’s always something new, a new way for people to connect, find the things they want and communicate with each other. The internet makes it easier to get in touch with a large group of people very quickly, and when used properly can help keep your business moving at a fast pace, too. We’re continuing to make changes to how Real Estate Shows can be used to help you market your listings (and yourself) quickly, simply and most importantly, effectively. If you have questions or suggestions, we’d love to hear them.